Microsoft, a tech giant, has recently announced a significant update to its Windows 11 PC operating system. This update brings a game-changing feature, the Copilot AI assistant, which resembles OpenAI’s ChatGPT. In this article, we’ll delve into the details of this update and explore other noteworthy features of the Windows 11 2023 Update.
Copilot AI Assistant
Generating Human-Like Text and Content
The highlight of the Windows 11 update is the introduction of the Copilot AI assistant. Copilot is a generative artificial intelligence that can create human-like text and various other content with minimal human input. It relies on large language models developed by Microsoft-backed OpenAI, which have been trained on extensive datasets. This AI chatbot can compose emails, answer questions, and perform actions within Windows, enhancing its capabilities by gathering information from websites.
For PC users, Copilot offers several valuable features, including the ability to open apps, switch to dark mode, enable Bluetooth, and provide guidance on capturing screenshots. When browsing a webpage in the Edge browser, Copilot can generate summaries of the page’s content. Notably, this level of detail surpasses the capabilities of Apple’s Siri assistant on Mac computers.
Windows 11’s Market Impact
As of now, Windows 11 constitutes about 24% of desktop PCs, with Windows 10 holding the majority at nearly 72%. However, as Windows 10 support will continue until October 2025, Windows 11 is expected to gain more popularity. Companies such as BP, Eurowings, Kantar, and RBC have been rapidly deploying Windows 11 worldwide, underlining its importance for Microsoft.
Windows – A Foundation for Growth
Windows remains a crucial part of Microsoft’s revenue, contributing significantly to the success of Microsoft 365 productivity applications and serving as a launching pad for growth in the Azure public cloud.
Other Exciting Features in the Windows 11 2023 Update
- Virtual Video Editor: A built-in video editing app with an auto-compose feature simplifies video creation using AI.
- Polyglot Screen Reading: Enhanced accessibility with support for multiple languages in the Windows Narrator feature.
- Lower Energy Consumption: An energy-saving “adaptive dimming” feature for compatible PCs.
- Boot to the Cloud: Log into the cloud-based version of Windows as the primary experience on your PC.
- Smarter Snipping: Improved text extraction from screenshots.
- Notepad with Memory: Automatically saves your work progress in the Notepad app.
- Paint with Words: A creative feature in the Paint app that generates images based on text descriptions.
- More Taskbar Customization: Customize app icons and labels for a tailored taskbar experience.
- Easier Picture Searching: Enhanced search functionality in the Photos app.
- File Recommendations at Work: Suggestions for files in the File Explorer and Start menu based on usage.
- Instant Games: Play casual games from the Store app without downloading them.
- Developer Landing Pad: A dedicated space for software developers to track activity and manage storage.
- System Components: A new way to manage system components in Windows 11.
These features offer a comprehensive update to enhance user experience and productivity.
How to Get the Update
To access the Windows 11 2023 Update, users can open the Settings app, navigate to the Windows Update section, and click the “Check for updates” button. Microsoft will eventually roll out the update to all Windows 11 PCs, ensuring a seamless and efficient transition.